Application & Enrollment
Returning families: please visit our Reenrollment for Current Families page for instructions on how to begin the reenrollment process for your children.
Dear New ALCS Parents and Families,
Greetings to you in Christ! We hope this finds you and your family well, and we rejoice with you in considering Alta Loma Christian School for your child’s educational setting.
We believe the selection of your child’s school is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Truly, it is an investment that will yield returns both now and for eternity. It is our prayer that God will continue to guide you in discovering your child’s finest future, and how that journey can be experienced in remarkable and unique ways right here at ALCS.
Registration and Enrollment Instructions
1. Download, complete, and email the Application and Financial Agreement to Mrs. Olivia Cleland at [email protected] or submit them to the school office. This will trigger an emailed invoice to pay the registration fee electronically.
2. Pay the registration fee online using the QuickBooks link provided (this saves the student’s seat in the classroom while working through the remaining enrollment process).
3. Complete and submit all remaining enrollment and health documents:
- Copy of official county birth certificate.
- Copy current immunization record
- Report of health examination by a doctor for school entry (Preschool, Kindergarten and First grade)
- Most recent & precious year report cards, standardized test scores
- Teacher reference form from previous school
- Preschool forms (if applicable):
- Other: IEP forms, medication forms, custody documents (if applicable)
4. Once all enrollment forms are completed and turned in, you will receive a call from our office staff to schedule the assessment appointment after April 1st. Assessment will determine enrollment and acceptance for the 2022-2023 school year.
5. You will be notified by letter and/or email of your child’s admission status.
6. Upon acceptance you will be called to schedule an appointment for a family interview with our Head of School, Dr. Nichols.
7. There are two separate online accounts that must be created online for enrollment after acceptance and the family interview. Students may begin school once both accounts have been set-up:
- FACTS (Student Information System) – Sign up and complete online enrollment at FACTS Student Enrollment Parent Login (district code: alcs-ca)
- FACTS Tuition – Create an account at Facts Tuition Mgmt Co.
If you have any questions regarding the enrollment process please feel free to email Mrs. Cleland [email protected] or call the school office at (909) 989-2804.
Health and Immunization Requirements – California state immunization requirements
- Kindergarten: Proof of Kindergarten immunizations that meet the state requirement and proof of a health examination by a physician.
- First Grade: Proof of a health examination by a physician. Required by law for students entering first grade.
- Seventh Grade: Proof of Seventh grade Tdap immunization and 2 Varicella — required by law for Seventh Grade entrance.
- COVID-19 (K-8): There is not yet any guidance from the state regarding whether a COVID-19 vaccination will be required of students at any grade level. While we don’t think this requirement will be likely, we will notify parents should the state issue such a mandate.
Tuition and Payments
FACTS tuition payments may be spread over 12 months or 10 months, offering two monthly payment options to make tuition more affordable for our families.
In addition, we are continuing to offer flexibility with the option of families paying the Technology Fee of $450 per child as part of their monthly FACTS payment. (The Technology Fee has not been increased.) There is no additional charge for this option.
Returning families can offset next year’s tuition increase by referring a new family to ALCS. When you refer a new family to ALCS, your family will receive a $300 referral bonus, which will more than fully offset next year’s tuition increase for one student (K-8). And if you refer more than one new family, additional credits will be added to your account to reduce your tuition! Download a flyer below!
We make every effort to keep tuition and fees as low as possible, while still meeting operating expenses and constantly elevating and enhancing our overall school program. We are sensitive to the financial sacrifices that our families make, and realize that investing in your child’s finest future is not without cost. We continue to pray for the Lord to bless our families with the ability to keep their children enrolled at ALCS.
For families who find themselves in need of tuition assistance, tuition assistance forms are available online at www.factstuitionaid.com. This must be completed by April 29, 2022. Although the funds available for tuition assistance are limited, we make every attempt to assist as many families as we can. Your child/children must be registered before applying for financial assistance.
Parent Requests for a Specific Teacher
We discourage parents from requesting certain teacher, as it is often not possible to honor all parent requests. Final decisions are made by the administration. If your child has learning needs that we may not be aware of and you believe one teacher may be able to meet these needs better than another, after prayerful consideration, we ask that you put the request in writing, stating the specific learning need of your child and elaborating on the reason for the request. Generally, the class composite of each new group of students is carefully analyzed. We consider such variables as: gender balance, academic range and behavior/personality mix, being careful to separate children who have a history of not functioning well together in an academic or social context. With all classroom assignments, prayer is the most important factor in classroom selection, and wisdom is sought from the Lord. We appreciate your prayers as well in deciding whether to make a request. Thank you for understanding.
An Exceptional Education
God has enabled us to offer an exceptional educational experience at ALCS that is distinctly unique and like no other. As an award-winning and innovative faith-based STEM school, consider some of our ALCS distinctives, the pandemic notwithstanding:
- An inclusive, creative, and innovative school culture that champions truth, diversity, grace, compassion, and authenticity
- Health, safety, and welfare of students— physically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially
- Academic excellence and rigor, driven by a growth mindset that is student-focused
- A Christ-centric, biblical worldview that builds faith and develops character
- Strong family-school relationships, kindled by caring, accessible teachers
- Leadership in 21st century skills, including leading-edge and award-winning educational technology, featuring computer coding instruction for all students in PK-8th Grade; student use of iPads® and Chromebooks®, exceptional and multiple computer labs, 3D printing, and innovative instruction
- Leadership in staying current on leading-edge educational research and innovative instructional methodology, especially regarding critical thinking skills and helping students be prepared for the future
- Recognition and consistency in excellence as an Inland Empire Best of the Best School for six consecutive years and an Innovation Best Schools and Colleges selection a third straight year.
We are excited about what God is doing in the lives of our students and families at Alta Loma Christian School! Thank you for prayerfully partnering with us in your child’s exceptional, unique, and premier Christian school education at ALCS. Please feel free to contact the school office if you have any questions.
Blessings to you, welcome to the ALCS Family, and we look forward to embarking on this amazing journey together!
Dr. Vance Nichols
Head of School
Alta Loma Christian School
Dr. Nichols (BS, MS, EdD) also serves as an adjunct professor of education and on the MSEd Specialization Advisory Council at California Baptist University, and on the Private School Advisory Committee for California State Assemblyman Marc Steinorth. He recently completed a three-year term as commissioner and chair of the ACSI Southern California Regional Accreditation Commission, and was an educational researcher, organizational leadership theorist, and 2015 Innovation Scholar at the University of Southern California. His most recent published research—“Schools At Risk: An Analysis of Factors Endangering the Evangelical Christian School Movement in America”—can be accessed online via the USC Digital Library at: http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15799coll40/id/294584/rec/82